This course introduces factors that increase risk of obesity in Hmong and other Southeast Asian communities in the United States.
- Describe the consequences and seriousness of obesity
- Explain cultural differences of the Hmong and other Southeast Asian populations compared to non-Hispanic White Americans
- Address how acculturation and cultural differences causes barriers in healthy eating habits and behaviors and increases the risk of obesity
- Explain how Southeast Asian history affects obesity
- Discuss the inadequacy in research, data, and programs to better obesity-prevention in Hmong and other Southeast Asian populations
Register for this course HERE.