The AzPHTC has funds to support graduate internship projects! Below is the information you need to know.
Annual Stipend: $1,000 per student, per project year
Number of Stipends Available: 10 stipends for graduate students
Purpose: This stipend will help support field placement internship projects of students enrolled in a Master’s level public health program.
- Students must be currently enrolled in a MPH program at MEZCOPH
- Students must be a U.S. citizen, a non-citizen U.S. national, or a foreign national having in his or her possession a visa permitting permanent residence in the U.S.
- The internship has to be related to the focus area of physical activity, obesity or nutrition OR be performed in a rural, underserved area.
- Preference will be given to those who have projects in Arizona.
- You may select and apply for a project advertised on the student HUB or select your own project (the internship organization will have to submit the project specifics using the template)
- Apply for the stipend and project using the application with your CV. Send to Lubna Govindarajan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The AzPHTC, with organization representatives, will choose the students for the projects. Students will be notified promptly of agency/project decisions. Students can still apply if they have already been selected for an internship by an organization. In these instances, the AzPHTC will select the students who will recevie stipends.
- Once selected, the student will then proceed with the documentation required for all internships by MEZCOPH.
Please contact the respective training center in your state (Nevada, California, Hawaii or US Affiliated Pacific Islands) for internship stipend opportunities for students.