About the WRPHTC
WHO WE ARE:
The Western Region Public Health Training Center (WRPHTC) is one of ten Regional Public Health Training Centers (RPHTCs) funded by the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) to support the public health workforce. The WRPHTC is located in HRSA Region 9, which includes Arizona, California, Nevada, Hawaii, and US Associated Pacific Islands.
We are a consortium of public health professionals that work to develop and provide innovative, skill-based training to address gaps identified by training needs assessments for the public health workforce.
Our vision is to have a strong collaborative public health network and public health workforce that collectively works towards the development of healthy communities in HRSA Region 9 and the nation.
WHAT WE DO:
- Development and implementation of skill-based public health trainings (online, in-person, webinars)
- We offer free continuing professional education courses.
- We are an accredited provider of CPEUs that is available to all Registered Dietitians/Nutrition and Registered Dietetic Technicians.
- We are an accredited provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) that are available to all Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES).
- We provide stipends to support undergraduate juniors, seniors, and graduate students conducting community-based health projects.
- Customization and implementation of an online public health core competency and training needs assessment for public health organizations.
WHO WE PARTNER WITH:
The consortium consists of a Central Office at the University of Arizona's Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, and six Community-Based Training Partners, including:
- California Statewide AHEC Program at UCSF, Fresno;
- Hawaii Public Health Institute;
- Children's Healthy Living Program at the University of Hawai’i, Manoa;
- Hawaii State Rural Health Association;
- Nevada Public Health Training Center at the University of Nevada, Reno, School of Community Health Sciences; and
- Pacific Island Health Officers Association