Recovery Approaches and Improving Attitudes for Successful Living
Original Webinar Recorded: Friday, March 16, 2018
Organized and sponsored by:
- University of Hawai‘i —Office of Public Health Studies &
- Hawai‘I Public Health Training Hui (Collaborative)
Recovery Approaches for anyone includes a range of interventions, strategies, treatments, and individual behavior changes. The strengths approach helps many recovering individuals focus on improving their emotional wellbeing and attitudes about how they live their lives.
- Examine various types of recovery approaches for different situations.
- Discuss factors to improve emotional wellbeing and attitudes.
- Examine success stories from DOH's Case Management and Program Support Services.
Duration: ~ 1.5 hours
Continuing Education Information: 1.5 CHES, 1.5 CPEU for RDs, 1.5 CNEs for RNs.
Guest Speaker: Kathleen Rhoads Merriam, LSW, Service Coordinator with Program Support Services at Hawai‘i Adult Mental Health Division, DOH
Kathleen Rhoads Merriam, LSW, is the Service Coordinator with Program Support Services at Hawai‘i Adult Mental Health Division, Department of Health (DOH). Prior to this job she was the DOH’s Statewide Clubhouse Coordinator with more than 25 years serving Hawai‘i at the DOH. Kathleen has served on the Board of Directors with The Rotary Club of Metropolitan Honolulu for more than 10 years. Kathleen has worked a trainer both nationally and international sharing about the Clubhouse Model of Psychiatric Rehabilitation in Hawai‘i, U.S. continental and Europe.
Register for this course HERE.