Helping Hands for the Homeless: Information about Food Assistance Programs Dedicated to the Homeless
Provides an overview of homelessness and food insecurity, discussing the benefits and barriers associated with creating a food program for the homeless. Various food programs in the United States are highlighted as examples, and resources for starting food programs for the homeless are provided.
- Identify the correct definition of homelessness
- List some of the most prominent causes of homelessness
- Describe the link between homelessness and food insecurity
- Summarize the possible benefits of creating a food program for the homeless
- Explain the barriers that are associated with creating a food program for the homeless
- Compare and contrast varying examples of food programs for the homeless that are well established within Southern Arizona as well as on a national level
Lauren Kemmer, BS
Jennie Altman, BS
University of Arizona, Dietetic Interns, Class of 2016
Continuing Education Information: 0.5 CECH (6/22/19); 0.5 CPEU (9/6/19)
Duration: approximately 30 min.
Register for this course on HERE