Communication Strategies to Prevent E-Cig/Vape Use Among Youth
Wayne Tormala, Chief of the Bureau of Tobacco & Chronic Disease at the Arizona Department of Health Services, discusses communication strategies to prevent vaping among youth in Arizona in this recorded webinar.
- Describe current data and trends regarding on e-cig/vape use.
- Describe youth attitudes and behaviors as reported in youth focus groups.
- Discuss components of effective tobacco control communication strategies targeting youth.
- Describe ways public health programs can incorporate effective tobacco control communication strategies.
- Identify strategies to influence peer messaging around vaping.
Continuing Education Information: 1.0 CHES, 1.0 CNEs for RNs
This activity is co-sponsored with the University of Arizona’s College of Nursing CPE Unit for 1.0 contact hours. The University of Arizona Continuing Professional Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Continuing Nursing Education Group, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Originally aired Wednesday, April 17, 2019: 12pm - 1pm PT