Strategies for Implementing Public Health Nutrition and Physical Activity Programs Through the Lifespan
The following 5 trainings are grouped together to give you a resource of strategies and tools for implementing public health nutrition and physical activity programs at various stages in the life cycle.
- Best practices in nutrition programs for infants
- Childhood obesity programs: Comparative effectiveness of interventions
- Adolescent obesity prevention in the US
- Strategies for implementing public health nutrition and physical activity programs for adults
- Hawaii elderly evidence based health promotion programs
- Apply aspects of "best practices" examples to implementing and developing new programs related to nutrition and physical activity.
- Describe characteristics of effective interventions that prevent overweight and obesity throughout the lifespan.
- Explain the benefits of using evidence-based approaches to obesity prevention.
- Distinguish successes and challenges in nutrition and physical activity programs for better use development of new programs.
Continuing Education Information:
A total of 3.0 credits for CPEUs for RDs and CECH for CHES are available for taking all five sessions. Continuing Education Information is available as you access each portion of the module.
This educational activity is jointly provided by the Western Region Public Health Training Center and the University of Arizona Continuing Nursing Education.
University of Arizona Continuing Professional Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Continuing Nursing Education Group, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
CPEU Accredited Provider number: 21216
CHES Provider number: 99036
Disclosures: The planners, reviewers, and authors have no declared conflicts of interest
To register for Best Practices in Nutrition Programs for Infants click HERE
To register for Childhood Obesity Programs: Comparative Effectiveness of Interventions click HERE
To register for Adolescent Obesity Prevention in the US click HERE
To register for Strategies for Implementing Public Health Nutrition and Physical Activity Programs for Adults click HERE
To register for Hawaii Elderly Evidence-Based Health Promotion Programs click HERE