Original webinar recorded 8/9/19. This presentation will help attendees orient to the current youth vaping epidemic in Hawai‘i.
Registration Link: https://moodle.publichealth.arizona.edu/course/view.php?id=255
Speaker: Forrest Batz, PharmD, Retired Faculty, Daniel K Inouye College of Pharmacy, University of Hawai'i at Hilo
- Compare national, state and local Hawai‘i youth vaping rates.
- Educate health professionals on the top three reasons why youth use electronic smoking devices (ESDs).
- Educate the public on the health implications in youth vaping.
- Address the youth vaping epidemic with health professionals and community leaders.
- Discuss potential health impacts of vaping and recent changes in ESD technology that increase the vulnerability of youth to ESD use and nicotine addiction.
Continuing Education: This training is approved for 1.5 hrs for CHES/MCHES, 1.5 CPEUs for RD/RDN/DTR