Original webinar recorded 8/9/19. This presentation will help attendees orient to the current youth vaping epidemic in Hawai‘i.
Registration Link: https://moodle.publichealth.arizona.edu/course/view.php?id=255
Speaker: Forrest Batz, PharmD, Retired Faculty, Daniel K Inouye College of Pharmacy, University of Hawai'i at Hilo
- Compare national, state and local Hawai‘i youth vaping rates.
- Educate health professionals on the top three reasons why youth use electronic smoking devices (ESDs).
- Educate the public on the health implications in youth vaping.
- Address the youth vaping epidemic with health professionals and community leaders.
- Discuss potential health impacts of vaping and recent changes in ESD technology that increase the vulnerability of youth to ESD use and nicotine addiction.
Continuing Education: This training is approved for 1.5 hrs for CHES/MCHES, 1.5 CPEUs for RD/RDN/DTR and/or 1.5 CNEs for Nurses.
This activity is co-sponsored with the University of Arizona's College of Nursing CPE Unit for 1.5 contact hours. The University of Arizona Continuing Professional Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Continuing Nursing Education Group, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.