Evidence-based Sexual Transmitted Infections Screening Services for Women
Several women’s health conditions are common, but they do not have to be because they are treatable or preventable. In this webinar Dr. Francisco Garcia, the Director of the Pima County Health Department in Arizona, explores the causes and symptoms, evidence-based screening recommendations, treatment options, and tips for preventing or reducing the severity of sexually transmitted infections. This information can help you improve health among women in your community.
• Define Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis and HIV/AIDs, their causes, how they spread, how common they are, and their signs and symptoms
• Describe who needs to get screened and when, what tests exist and how they are done, and where and at what cost the screenings can be done
• Indicate the treatment options and costs
• Explain how to prevent getting STIs
• Express how to communicate effectively with their health care provider and how to talk with their partner about STIs
This training is available in English and Spanish.
English Version: Register Here
Versión española: Registrate Aquí